Portugal was much later than most other European countries to embrace naturism, but during the last decades, the country is definitely catching up.
Naturist resorts, mostly in the form of naturist campings and guesthouses can be found all over the country. Because there isn’t a specific law against public nudity, every beach is by default clothing optional. But there are also some magnificent dedicated nude beaches specifically for naturists.
Because of the year-round great weather, lots of the naturist resorts in Portugal can be visited throughout the whole year. Especially the resorts in the very south of the country, the Algarve region, often get visitors during winter as well.
We wouldn’t be surprised if one of the next years, Portugal would become a very popular place to have a nude vacation in Europe.
Blogs about naturism in Portugal
Blogs related to naturism in Portugal
Quick Travel Resources
- NUDE: The best resource for finding naturist accommodations.
- Booking.com: The best resource for finding (non-naturist) hotels.
- Airbnb: The best resource for finding (non-naturist) homestays and private accommodations.
- SkyScanner: A great resource for finding flights.
- Kiwi: Another great resource for finding flights.
- RailEurope: The best resource for finding train tickets in Europe.
- Busbud: The best resource for finding bus tickets.
- Rome2Rio: The best way to find out how to get from one place to another.
- EconomyBookings: The best resource for finding rental cars.
- Outdoorsy: The best resource for finding rental campervans.
- IntuiTravel: The best resource for finding airport transfers.