Although naturism has quite a long history in South Africa, the country never really appeared on any naturist map because the clubs and resorts mostly focused on a national public. But those days are gone, more and more South African naturist resorts are attracting an international public and thanks to the warm(ish) weather year-round, they are becoming pretty successful at this.
Most naturist resorts are within easy driving distance from the largest cities (and airports) in South Africa like Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, and Cape Town.
Official public nude beaches are non-existing, but there are a number of unofficial ones spread along the coast where you can perfectly drop your clothes and find other naturists. Especially on weekends.
If you ever wondered when would be the perfect time to try naturism in South Africa, it’s definitely today!
Blogs about Naturism in South Africa
Blogs related to Naturism in South Africa
Quick Travel Resources
- NUDE: The best resource for finding naturist accommodations.
- Booking.com: The best resource for finding (non-naturist) hotels.
- Airbnb: The best resource for finding (non-naturist) homestays and private accommodations.
- SkyScanner: A great resource for finding flights.
- Kiwi: Another great resource for finding flights.
- Busbud: The best resource for finding bus tickets.
- Rome2Rio: The best way to find out how to get from one place to another.
- EconomyBookings: The best resource for finding rental cars.
- Outdoorsy: The best resource for finding rental campervans.
- IntuiTravel: The best resource for finding airport transfers.
➡️ Find more travel resources on our Resources Page.