Being a Muslim country, Indonesia is definitely not the most obvious destination for a naturist vacation.
But the island Bali is slightly different. The majority of its population is Hindu, a religion that tends to be a bit more accepting.
The island is home to several resorts that allow social nudity. Most of them are male-only, except for Bali Au Naturel, which also caters to naturist couples.
Nude beaches are non-existing in Bali and public nudity is punished with quite long jail times. At the very popular beaches like Kuta and Seminyak, topless sunbathing is sometimes practiced by tourists and the authorities sometimes close an eye.
Renting a private villa is a very popular vacation option in Bali and these villas often come with a swimming pool and a large wall. Because of the warm weather year round, this is also definitely an option for spending some outdoor nudity in Bali.
Blogs about Naturism in Bali
9 Naturist Resorts in Asia are Waiting for You
During the last decade, Asia has been the next continent where naturism has really been getting a foot on the ground. First in Thailand and...Read More
Getting naked in Bali
You probably thought we were crazy when you got the news that we were going to Bali. After spending a month complaining about the lack...Read More
Review: Naturist Resort Bali Natur in Bali
A good decade ago, we heard one story after the other about naturist resorts either closing their doors or turning textile. It appeared like the...Read More
Review: Naturist Resort Gecko in Bali
For the longest time, there was only one naturist resort in Bali. But since 2023, two more have opened their doors. This was reason enough...Read More
Review: Au Naturel resort in Tejakula, Bali
We like to save the best for last. After spending some naked time in a private villa and in a villa resort, we were very...Read More
Review: Amertha Bali Villas in Pemuteran, Bali
There are numerous private villas in Bali where you could get comfortably naked without having to fear that any unwanted visitor will walk up to...Read More
Review: Villa Rini in Ubud, Bali
Bali is one of the most popular tourist hot spots in Asia because of its year-round amazing weather, its thriving culture, its magnificent nature, and...Read More
Quick Travel Resources
- NUDE: The best resource for finding naturist accommodations.
- Booking.com: The best resource for finding (non-naturist) hotels.
- Airbnb: The best resource for finding (non-naturist) homestays and private accommodations.
- SkyScanner: A great resource for finding flights.
- Kiwi: Another great resource for finding flights.
- Busbud: The best resource for finding bus tickets.
- Rome2Rio: The best way to find out how to get from one place to another.
- EconomyBookings: The best resource for finding rental cars.
- Outdoorsy: The best resource for finding rental campervans.
- IntuiTravel: The best resource for finding airport transfers.
➡️ Find more travel resources on our Resources Page.