Being a Muslim country, Indonesia is definitely not the most obvious destination for a naturist vacation.
But the island Bali is slightly different. The majority of its population is Hindu, a religion that tends to be a bit more accepting.
The island is home to several resorts that allow social nudity. Most of them are male-only, except for Bali Au Naturel, which also caters to naturist couples.
Nude beaches are non-existing in Bali and public nudity is punished with quite long jail times. At the very popular beaches like Kuta and Seminyak, topless sunbathing is sometimes practiced by tourists and the authorities sometimes close an eye.
Renting a private villa is a very popular vacation option in Bali and these villas often come with a swimming pool and a large wall. Because of the warm weather year round, this is also definitely an option for spending some outdoor nudity in Bali.
Quick Travel Resources
- NUDE: The best resource for finding naturist accommodations.
- Booking.com: The best resource for finding (non-naturist) hotels.
- Airbnb: The best resource for finding (non-naturist) homestays and private accommodations.
- SkyScanner: A great resource for finding flights.
- Kiwi: Another great resource for finding flights.
- Busbud: The best resource for finding bus tickets.
- Rome2Rio: The best way to find out how to get from one place to another.
- EconomyBookings: The best resource for finding rental cars.
- Outdoorsy: The best resource for finding rental campervans.
- IntuiTravel: The best resource for finding airport transfers.
➡️ Find more travel resources on our Resources Page.