Because of the local culture, traditions, and religion, naturism or nudism in Turkey is pretty much non-existing. At least not in an official way.
There are rumors about beaches at the Aegean Sea which are sometimes used for skinny dipping, but the reports are scarse and few people seem to be able or willing to provide detailed information.
A very popular form of social nudity in Turkey, albeit gender separated, can be found in the many bathhouses or hammams. This is a traditional way of communal bathing which can also be enjoyed by tourists. The use of a towel as cover is most often required.
Blogs about naturism in Turkey
Getting naked in Turkey
Our research for a flight to Sri Lanka that wouldn’t drown most of our monthly budget gave us Istanbul as the perfect place to fly...Read More
Quick Travel Resources
- NUDE: The best resource for finding naturist accommodations.
- Booking.com: The best resource for finding (non-naturist) hotels.
- Airbnb: The best resource for finding (non-naturist) homestays and private accommodations.
- SkyScanner: A great resource for finding flights.
- Kiwi: Another great resource for finding flights.
- RailEurope: The best resource for finding train tickets in Europe.
- Busbud: The best resource for finding bus tickets.
- Rome2Rio: The best way to find out how to get from one place to another.
- EconomyBookings: The best resource for finding rental cars.
- Outdoorsy: The best resource for finding rental campervans.
- IntuiTravel: The best resource for finding airport transfers.
➡️ Find more travel resources on our Resources Page.